b-day party, Sunday was Valentines Day, Monday was Family Day and
Today was Semen Analysis Day!!
So how did I celebrate these days? Well, Saturday Night we had some
friends over to eat KFC and drink wine. Doesn't sound special I know,
but to a guy who has given up nearly everything to increase his sperm
counts, it was a big birthday treat!! We also played board games and
watched the olympics, so overall it was a great night.
For Valentines day we did nothing but sit and play video games, well,
he played the games I read more business books (I'm slightly obsessed).
We also went to his parents house for dinner where after hearing the
news of our IF his grandmother blessed his swimmers! I wish I had
video taped that for your viewing but hopefully you can use your
On "Family Day" I thought I would spend the day at an IVF rally.
It was sad enough to be at an IVF rally on a holiday designed to give
you more time with your family, but to do it by yourself was even
worse. My DH did not want to go, for fear of being seen on Television,
which is understandable. It was actually a great rally, A few woman
went up and told their stories then a doctor went on to explain why
IVF should be government funded here in Ontario (like it is in the
provinces east AND west of us). It was very touching and informative,
I'm glad I went and I am really hoping funding for 3 rounds of IVF
will be added to the Ontario budget in March.
For Semen Analysis day we did just that, DH "collected" his sample
while I waited in the car and we zipped up to the R.E. office. Today
for the first time I noticed the CUP that holds the precious swimmers
says SPERMOGRAMME, haha, I would have loved for DH to show up
at the office and say "SPERMOGRAMME FOR DR.K" tehe.
Anyhow, this is when things went terribly wrong! DH asked
the receptionist when he would get the results, to which she replied
"well now that you have done the sample and your wife has done the
laparoscopy we will set up your next meeting to talk IVF"
DH: "But my wife has not had the surgery, she refused it"
And thats when &#%$ hit the fan, he had to call me up from
my car to explain to her what I had done. I let her know that until
they are able to properly explain to me the benefits and risks of the
surgery I will not be doing it. She then preceded to SCOLD me about
my stupid decision and let me know it would be MONTHS before
I could get another appointment with the surgeon. I said that was
fine, because I DON'T WANT THE SURGERY!!
Up until now NO ONE has told me anything about the surgery, they
just EXPECT me to do it. I would like a little more information, I mean,
the only reason I know that endo grows back around 6 months after
surgery is because I researched it. It doesn't make sense for me to have
surgery NOW if we do not have the money for IVF right now (or even
know if thats the right route for us).
From my understanding, if I was to have the surgery now, I would have
to have it again by the time we were ready for IVF. I really think he
was trying to get me to "BLINDLY" have the surgery and then say
"well you need to do IVF within the next 6 months or your chances
go down...bla bla bla"
I don't know, maybe I'm being too "suspicious", maybe I should just
listen to the R.E. after all he is the expert, but I would just like to
have SOME information before making decisions. Maybe some kind
of timeline? anything to make me feel like I even MATTER in this
Ok, I seem to have written too much, but if any of you out there have
some advice for me, I would LOVE to hear it!!